T minus 4 days, 16 hours and counting…
Hey Friends – I know you haven’t heard from me much lately (which might be a good thing :)) – I’ve been busy listening and focusing on some things I know God has called me to – I do hope to return to writing more in the near future – the first post of course will be sharing my experience (what God teaches me and what he does) while on the mission field in Togo. We leave next week!!! As the body of Christ, I thank you in advance for interceding in prayer for us while we are away.
My Fundraising is complete – praise God!!! He stretched and taught me so much in this area. I hope to share that with you in the future!
However, as a team, there is still approx $7500 left to raise. Now that seems like a lot, but, if you look at the $60,500 that has already been raised, we are in awe of how good God is and His provision. (If God calls you to donate to the remaining amount – no gift is too small, click here.)
Will you join me in praying for the following:
- SPIRITUAL Preparation & Protection
- The TEAM remains unified with a surrendered heart. I’ve sensed for awhile, with such a large team (20 people), the enemy will try to come against team unity. With so many personalities and the challenges/inconveniences we are not accustomed to as Americans, it is inevitable. Our team devotional spoke on this just yesterday. If satan can get us through complaining, disagreeing, and taking offense; than he can greatly impact this ministry while we are on the field. However, we can come against this by claiming these verses and having the heart and mind of Christ (1 Cor 2:16). 1 Peter 4:1 Therefore, since Christ suffered in His body, arm yourself also with this mindset. 2 Timothy 2:3 Endure hardship with us, like a good soldier of Christ Jesus.
- The TOGOLESE hearts are being prepared this very moment to receive us and most importantly the message of Christ – We will be going into 3 different villages (Agou, Kouve & Kpove) and have been told that 2 of them have never heard the gospel of Christ. What an amazing opportunity!!! We will be “bringing it” in the area of evangelism and discipleship. Pray that WE will take a backseat and let God do all the work. There will be spiritual opposition (Ephesians 6:12), but God is much bigger (1 John 4:4) and He will show up (Isaiah 55:11)!
- The cultural and language barrier to be removed and there will be clear communication (Galatians 3:28) – We will, thankfully, be accompanied by translators to aid in this, but it is definitely still an obstacle to pray against.
- PHYSICAL Preparation & Protection
- Travel – We leave Wed, Feb 26th at 4:30pm and arrive back home at 9pm, Sun, March 9th. Please pray that the team of 20 people and the 40 suitcases of supplies (this does not include our personal luggage that is our carry on) all arrive safely in Lome Togo, as well as the three villages – or wherever God may detour us. 🙂
- Team’s overall Health – No sickness, exhaustion, dehydration or harm. While we have taken all of the necessary precautions, and will have access to doctors and medicine; things can happen.
- Togolese’s Medical Treatment- able to treat as many patients as possible – While the Togo physician to citizen ratio is .05 to 1000 (most are located in the capital city), there is a good chance that the people in these villages have NO access to medical care / medicine. Please pray for the wisdom to see the right patients and for them to understand that we cannot see everyone (the team consists of 6 doctors, 1 dentist, 1 pharmacist, 1 psychiatrist, and 6 other medically trained personnel)
Ephesians 3:20-21 Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we could ever ask or imagine, according to His power that it at work in us. Glory to Him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever. Amen!