You may be wandering why this is all you have heard from me for the last 6 months…Long story short, I have not allowed myself to post.
- so you will like me.
- so you will think I’m okay.
- because it’s comfortable.
- to prove my worth to you, to God, and to myself.
- because I don’t know how not to.
Learning how NOT to perform and instead SURRENDER and simply RECEIVE. (i.e. placing an expectation on myself to post…perform… prove my worth. This is definitely a hard process for this try hard girl I’ve become, but let me tell you.. it’s been quite freeing.)
- a good girl
- a good Christian
- a good wife
- a good mom.
Not such bad things, until you understand my own personal twisted definition of “good.”
- I never mess up.
- I weigh the perfect amount.
- I can handle everything.
- I don’t look like a fool.
- I never lose my patience.
- My husband will never be disappointed in me
- My kids will always obey
- and everyone basically likes me.
Good means I am enough. My goodness is all about me. Not only do I want to be all these things, but I want to be them in front of God and everyone. I want to be good and I want you to know it.
Are you ready to buy this book yet??? If you can relate and these quotes speak to you, I encourage you to walk through this book with me! Grace For The Good Girl.